Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Journal 44


A couple of days ago I found out that the Mission of Argentina was hosting a luncheon and that several members from my school were going to be here at the United Nations. It was interesting because, despite the invitation and the specific request to announce one’s self as an interested party, I would informed that the Mission of Argentina was limiting the number of attendees to those specifically invited. Not that this bothers me mind you, I have a ton of work to still deal with before I am finished. I just thought it was interesting because not even the Ambassador of Kyrgyzstan was able to get me to attend him as a +1. I did get the chance to meet those from my school though and that was a nice change of circumstance. I mostly work alone and do not have much time to meet others interested in my same field of interest. It was nice and I was able to take a picture with them.  It is nice to see individuals from my school working and doing their best here at the United Nations. It is almost night and day, the difference between when I first started school at UVU and today. A great faculty, focused on the global stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment