Saturday, September 28, 2013

Journal 12


Today I had a most amazing experience. It started out as just a regular day, with research and assisting where I can at the mission. Earlier in the week I was told that there was a mandatory meeting at a press conference. Around 2:30pm I was asked to come in early and assist with set-up. After the meeting I got all the stuff together again and headed down to the street. What I didn’t know what that the Ambassador and the Prime Minister of Foreign Affairs would be down there. After running into them on the street, the Ambassador introduced me to the Prime Minister and I was able to get a picture with him. A very exciting and eventful end to a day. I was pleased that I had received the interest of both Ambassador and Minister. It was an honor.

Additionally, all throughout the press conference, representatives of Russia, the UN, and others were constantly professing gratitude to Kyrgyzstan and its policies. Mentioning how the Kyrgyz Republic was always one of the first to ratify changes in their government to meet UN objectives. The UN spoke highly of the level of cooperation the Kyrgyz Republic has shown.

One of the things mentioned by the Prime Minister was a quote that he had heard earlier in the GA. It was basically along the lines of, “If you want to go fast, walk alone. If you want to go far, walk with friends.” The praise and reaffirmations of companionship between Russia, the UN, Kyrgyzstan, and others was a great showing of this philosophy. I look forward to the implementation of future corroborations between these institutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment