Thursday, September 26, 2013

Journal 11


Recently, I had to read a summary of a report that was conducted by 18 initiatives in 29 countries. What they did was basically survey a large and varying group of marginalized people. They asked them questions about what they thought was significant to them concerning sustainability. They came up with four points of recommendation from these varying groups. Those points, roughly translated, were; rule of law, collective action, diplomatic institutions, and modernization. I mention this in this journal because of the significance of the four points mentioned.

For those who are interested in Political Science, you learn, somewhere along the line, that the aforementioned points are those things that are required for establishing a democracy. I cannot explain how amazing I feel it is that a group of marginalized individuals from so many different places, would naturally gravitate to a democratic state.

I have a feeling of great responsibility and determination when I read reports and summaries such as this. I look forward to my experiences here at the UN and the decisions that I see made every day. They inspire me to attach a more determined approach to my research and decision makings.

No comments:

Post a Comment