Monday, October 21, 2013

Journal 22


When one thinks about an LDC or least developed country, basically, all the blame is placed upon the Government. While here at the United Nations I have had the pleasure of working with many countries on behalf of socio-economic development. While here, I have seen the positive side of humanity. The government officials here are as dedicated as any, to promote an acceptable means of change, for the betterment of its citizens and Humanity.

While that last statement might come off as grandiose and a little over-bearing, the truth of it is no less real. Every morning, I get off the 15 bus and feel a little bit better about myself and the day. So many of the people here walk around with smiles on their faces. They walk around as if they know a secret that others do not. The truth is, they do. They know that their government, regardless of the turmoil that might reside in the country, is at least trying to make their homes a better place.

To me, that’s pretty special and for the rest of the week, my journal will be focused on the role of developing mountainous governments in SMD advocacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment