Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Journal 19


From my research to date, I have come to ask myself a couple of questions over and over again. The one question that I will be focusing on for this week is, what role does the government of developed mountainous nations in SMD-advocacy play? This week I will be fortunate enough to play a larger part in finding out the answer to just that question. In a couple of days, the Mountain Focus Group will be co-hosting a conference of members of the Mountain Partnership in North America. I place emphasis on the co-host part. This meeting will take place at the Permanent Mission of Italy to the United Nations. Developing countries from around the globe will be participating. Beyond a simple allocation of funds, such countries as Switzerland and Italy spear-head efforts and events that promote the important work of developing countries.

The meeting that I will be participating in in a couple of days is such an event. I have spent every day since I found out studying and preparing a speech that will presented to the attending members. It should be quite interesting and I am looking forward to the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment